Monday, October 13, 2008

Chain of Fools

Sigh. I am so disappointed (though in no way surprised) at the current antics going on with the election. John McCain and Sarah Palin have been conducting a fear-mongering, hate-spewing, and generally inept campaign that insults anyone with an ounce of self-respect, morality, and human decency. Even their own conservative brethren have noted their sad, defensive, and demoralizing campaign of hate, nonsense, and shenanigans

Every day I teach the conservative youth, those who think affirmative action is racist, would take away my right to choose, and want to stop me from marrying who I see fit. How is that for small government? I was raised to pray for folks who know not what they do, but the more I live in the deep South, the more I am convinced that this is a willful ignorance, a defiant spitting in God's face as she tells us to love one another.

I was talking with my mother today, who is the closest thing to a evangelical progressive I know, about what we'll do if (God-dess forbid) McLame and Falin (yes, I went there) won/stole the election. Like Tina Fey, I've contemplated leaving the planet, but space travel is so expensive and I have these student loans. Then I got to thinking about how some of the conservatives have been likening Senator Obama to the Antichrist. Having proficient knowledge in the book of Revelations (I was raised with the fire and brimstone and can tell you all about the vials and the Four Horsemen, etc.), I think that the one good thing about McCain and Palin being elected would be that it would clearly initiate the Second Coming. Clearly, they constitute the False Prophet and the Antichrist if I ever saw it, although maybe I'm giving Palin too much credit in being the Antichrist. My point is, if those fools win only some sort of deus ex machina ending would help our asses.

Start praying now.

No comments: