Tuesday, September 16, 2008

JHud Engaged to Punk

Chile...this just off the presses:







"Jennifer Hudson and boyfriend, David Otunga, have gotten engaged, her rep tells PEOPLE exclusively. 'I can confirm that Jennifer got engaged to her boyfriend David on Friday night in L.A.' says the rep. Otunga, who is known as 'Punk' from the reality show I Love New York 2, popped the question with a Neil Lane diamond ring on the Dreamgirls Oscar winner's 27th birthday. The couple, who have been dating less than a year, both hail from Chicago. Professionally, it is a busy time for Hudson as well. Her debut solo album, Jennifer Hudson, will be in stores Sept. 30, and her next film, The Secret Life of Bees opens on Oct. 17."



Okay, I'm going to refrain from citing Otunga's "suspect" sexuality, which implies that there is a non-suspect sexuality--and no, heterosexuality is not it! (Although I do agree with Katrina Renae from ThickMisses that homie does look a bit like Terry McMillian’s ex. LOL. ) But I will say that I probably would not want to make out with anyone who has kissed New York (who has kissed Flavor Flav--ooh, the bile is rising in my throat). I mean, here's to hoping she has an ironclad pre-nup. I don't give a ding dang about no love. In related news, here's a clip from JHud's recent hoodfab appearance in Montgomery, AL that I was lucky enough to attend and have been meaning to put up. The child can blow.







Yes, I know that you are seeing other people's heads. Those mofos were in my way! But at least a sista got some good audio, right? I actually saw Punk at this performance. He stood looking longingly while JHud handled her biz in a particularly touching love song (something about giving all of herself, or something). I must say he is the most unphotogenic human on the planet because he was fairly handsome in person, something you do not get from the pics. Go figure.


Source