Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Good Enough to Eat




I was lucky enough to win something pretty fabulous when I was in New Orleans the other week and, no, it wasn't at the slots at Harrah's (unfortunately). I won a gift pack from Carol's Daughter!

Now I'm walking around smelling like almonds and sugary goodness. In some respects, I can be a pretty frugal woman (some, who shall remain nameless, have even called me cheap), but one thing I don't like to skimp on is lotion and bath products. But this gift pack (Almond Cookie Indulgence, to be exact) is worth $90. Let's keep in mind educators don't make enough for such indulgences. So, I was indeed blessed and highly favored to have won. I mean, I could've bought say, the lotion, and that would've been it. A sistah is on a serious budget. Can we say "student loans"? Yes, we can!


I am absolutely in love with Carol's Daughter's products (the Hair Milk does wonders) since I began using them almost eight months ago. I even did away with my Paul Mitchell, after having a religious devotion to The Conditioner for about five years. (It's not a real breakup though; we're just seeing other people). You know I like to support the black-owned businesses, especially when they keep my natural tresses looking great and healthy. Feel free to add "vain" to "frugal."

No comments: